Thursday, October 1, 2009

Conversation with 'Stranger'...

Yesterday, I was in Lakenham, Norwich. Having just left the East City Children's centre (Cavell Primary School, Duckett Close), I decided to walk a different route. I took the path along what was once a railway track. Disoriented, I had two choices and chose the 'wrong' one (of course!). As a result, I had walked a fairly long way away from the city centre when I began to realise that all was not as it should be.


Anyway, I decided to ask a young woman the direction to the city centre. She laughed and told me that I was walking in the wrong direction. I laughed too! She had been walking along, reading a book as she went. I asked her what she was reading and we chatted for a while as we walked along. It was a lovely day for a stroll, and it felt really good to talk to a friendly 'stranger'.


Anyway, this young woman is today's giver - she gave me her time, her advice and was good company. If you happen to stumble in on this, then 'thank you'. Connecting doesn't cost anything, and in the wonderful words of my friend Shaun, "it can only be good!"


To return to 'The Whole Perspective', click HERE


<*((((><(

No comments:

Post a Comment